Crooked teeth with messy teeth on the jaw not only affect chewing but also make oral hygiene difficult. To better understand crooked teeth, especially the causes and effective treatment solutions, readers can refer to some information in the article below.
Causes of crooked teeth
Crooked teeth is a condition in which the teeth do not grow evenly and evenly on the jaw. The teeth are misaligned in the direction outward or inward, or the situation where the teeth do not grow straight, but rotate, or overlap. This condition can easily cause misalignment of the bite, difficulty in eating and chewing, and a smile that is not bright. There are many causes of crooked teeth:
- The loss of baby teeth too early for a normal age also makes the space for the permanent teeth to replace not enough, causing the permanent teeth to grow misaligned.
- Baby teeth lost for a long time will not have room for the replacement permanent teeth to grow in the correct position but must grow out or inward.
- Bad habits such as thumb sucking, mouth breathing, tongue thrusting, … also cause the jaw arch to deform and make teeth grow crooked and in the wrong position.
- The deficiency of calcium, vitamins C, D, … affects the formation of bone and tooth structure, thereby affecting the child’s teeth replacement process, making teeth grow unevenly.
Should crooked teeth be straightened?
crooked teeth will cause many harmful effects to smile aesthetics and long-term oral health, namely:
- When the teeth are crowded together, food is easy to deposit in between the teeth, and it is difficult to clean the plaque, over time it will cause gingivitis, or worse, periodontitis, making the gums Receding teeth and bone loss for a long time will make teeth loose, leading to early tooth loss, reducing the life of teeth.
- When the teeth are crooked, the teeth are not straight on the dental arch, causing misalignment of the bite. When the bite is misaligned, the natural force acting on the teeth during chewing is not evenly distributed, which will also make the teeth gradually weaken, the teeth that are unevenly aligned, will make the chewing efficiency of food impaired.
- Another important harm of crooked teeth is the aesthetic aspect. A smile that is not bright makes you afraid to communicate, and self-confidence greatly affects your psychology and quality of life.
- Thus, due to the harmful effects of crooked teeth in terms of both aesthetics and chewing function, experts always recommend treatment to have regular teeth and a smiling mouth brighter, more radiant.
Methods to cure crooked teeth
There are 3 most commonly used methods of treating crooked teeth. Depending on the condition and degree of crooked teeth, the doctor chooses which method is suitable.
Porcelain veneers for crooked teeth
This method is applied to cosmetically crooked teeth at a mild level. The doctor will grind the teeth and cover the outer porcelain layer so that the teeth are aligned with the other teeth on the jaw.
For cases of lame teeth due to rough or too thick jawbone structure, the above two methods are often difficult to overcome effectively. Instead, you need to perform orthodontic surgery to return the misaligned teeth to the correct position, ensuring even alignment with other teeth in the jaw.
Braces for crooked teeth
- This method is suitable for cases where the teeth are crooked leading to misalignment of the bite.
- This method uses braces to move the teeth to the correct position according to the treatment protocol. The dentist can remove the tooth if necessary.
- There are many different methods of braces: Iron braces, ceramic braces, and clear braces, suitable for many different needs of patients.
Reputable crooked orthodontic address
Platinum Dental – A team of highly qualified doctors with many years of experience in treating clear braces and brackets. At the same time, the doctor regularly learns and cultivates advanced orthodontic knowledge in the world, in order to improve the quality of examination and treatment, to bring optimal efficiency and long-term stability to customers.
Platinum Dental owns a rich orthodontic database, successfully treating thousands of different crooked teeth. At Platinum Dental, customers can preview the treatment results of similar cases, so you have more peace of mind to start your braces journey.
Clean, airy clinic space combined with soothing music therapy, brings a comfortable experience and dispels anxiety during treatment. In addition, Platinum Dental ensures sterility quality according to international standards, preventing cross-infection between patients.