Professional Teeth Whitening
Do you have stained teeth that make you feel self-conscious about smiling? Teeth whitening can be a good solution for certain types of tooth staining.
Over time teeth can be stained by foods, drinks, smoking and certain medications. Teeth whitening is the most popular and the least invasive of cosmetic dental treatments to brighten and whiten yellowing teeth. Teeth whitening is a safe procedure that can lighten the colour of your teeth by using a safe dental bleaching agent. Individual results vary and are based on your initial tooth colour and the nature of tooth staining.
In Clinic Whitening
- he major advantage of in office whitening method is the immediate results it delivers. A specially designed lamp shines a gentle light on your teeth, working in tandam with a proprietary whitening gel to accelerate the whitening process. This light has been clinically proven safe for tooth enamel as well as skin, gums and other soft tissues. It emits virtually no heat and no harmful UV (ultraviolet) light.
- Clinical studies prove that In Office treatment results in an average improvement of 6-9 shades, in about one hour. Safety stuches conducted at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey found conclusively that whitening resulted in no structural change in teeth, no adverse impacts on fillings and no softening of tooth enamel. Recommended for mild to moderate tooth staining.
– Teeth Whitening consultation.
– Upper and lower teeth whitening treatment.
– Before and after digital photographs.
Take Home Whitening
Here we custom make a light weight plastic mouth tray for you that fits snugly over your teeth. You then put a whitening gel inside the tray and wear it at night or for a few hours during the day. Results are normally seen over 2 weeks and your teeth will also appear whiter and brighter.
Recommended for mild to moderate tooth staining. Includes:
- Teeth Whitening consultation.
- Custom mouth trays for upper and lower teeth.
- 14 days supply of propessional whitening gel.
Professional recommendation for Teeth Whitening
- Whitening systems are safe and clinically proven not to cause problem. However, before whitening we would like to recommend having your teeth examined and cleaned for the best results. People with highly sensitive teeth or cavities or gum disease are not good candidates for teeth whitening procedures.
- Most patients get excellent results with a single In Office Whitening or the Customized Take-home Whitening. If you have severely stained teeth or are looking for “dramatic” results, Platinum Ultimate Whitening™ will be your choice.
Most cases will experience some degree of sensitivity. This sensitivity seldom lasts more than 24 hours and patients are advised to avoid extreme cold (ice cream is not a good idea).
- Restored teeth
Because teeth whitening only works on tooth structure, dental crown, tooth colored fillings are not whitened and will remain the same color. There maybe a need to replace these fillings if the color contrast is significant after the teeth whitening process.
- Maintenance Whitening
Whitened teeth will require maintenance because they are exposed to pigments derived from the diet. For this reason, our clinic recommend complimentary maintenance home kit for touch up every 6-12 months depending on your diet. Patients who take coffee, red wine, curries and dark colored foods regularly will require more frequent touch ups.
Whitening Touch up Kit:
- 2 syringes gel for touch up.
- 2 whitening trays (upper and lower) already made or new made.